Thursday 20 September 2018

Follow Through Phase




In the follow-through phase, I still need to contract certain segments. To make sure my shot is effective I need to contract my smaller muscles in my arm. I can see that I am following the principle of sequencing because my arm muscles are contracting the which are the smaller muscle.

While moving from the execution phase to the follow through phase both my Shoulder and Elbow joints are working. My shoulder joint is extending, therefore, the agonist's muscle is my latissimus dorsi and the agonist pectoralis major. My elbow joint is extending ,therefore, the agonist's muscle is my triceps and the antagonist muscle relaxing in this movement is biceps.

In the follow through phase balance and stability is still important to producing a well executed shot. To be balanced in this phase I need to make sure that my two feet are on the surface creating a good base of support. Also my center of gravity is inside my body which means that I am balanced.
The similarities I can see in my balance and stability is both of our feet are on the surface that we are balanced.

No comments:

Post a Comment