Wednesday 12 September 2018

Execution Phase



In the execution phase, I still need to contract as many segments as possible to generate maximum force. As well as using my lower body segments, I also need to contract my upper body muscles in my Basketball Shot. In order to generate maximum force, I need to follow a sequence contracting my larger muscle to my smaller muscle. I can see that I am following the principle of sequencing because my knee is extending and putting force from my larger muscles to my arms.



While in the execution phase the joints that are being used are my ankle, knee, hip. While moving from the preparation phase to the execution phase these joint movements are changing. I can see my hip joint is extending. The agonist muscle contracting to extend my hip is the gluteus maximus, and my antagonist's muscle is my quadriceps. Also, my knees are extending, therefore, my antagonist contracting muscle is my quadriceps and my antagonist's muscle is my hamstrings. Both our knee and toes are extending. 




The execution phase I am using Newton's 2nd law. Newton's second law states When a force is applied to an object it will move in the direction of the force being applied and will accelerate at a rate dependent upon. I can see that I am creating force by flexing my knees as far as possible in the preparation phase. The more I bend my knee the more force I create to throw the ball further.
In the execution phase, balance and stability are important to produce a well-coordinated shot. To be balanced my center of gravity has to be inside your body. Center of gravity is defined as the point at which all points are equally balanced. I can see in my picture that my center of gravity is in my body, therefore, I'm balanced. Also, I know I am balanced because of my two feet are on the ground and that means I know I'm balanced because of my stable base of support.


 



No comments:

Post a Comment