Thursday 21 June 2018

Preparation Phase


To generate maximum force I need to contract as many segments as possible. I know I am contracting segments in my preparation phase because my lower body muscles are working. Due to my knees being bent therefore my larger muscles are contracting first. Therefore in following the principle of sequencing contract you larger muscles first.

In the preparation phase, I am contracting my lower body muscles. This means that I am using my Hips, Knees and Ankle joints in this phase. I am contracting the hip joint that is called the ball and socket joint and I can see my hip flexed, therefore, my agonist muscle that contracts are my quadriceps. My antagonist which is my relaxing muscle is my gluteus maximus. Also, my ankle joint is working and is called a hinge joint I can see my ankle in a dorsiflexion position, therefore my agonist muscle that working in my tibialis anterior. And my antagonist that is relaxing is the Gastrocnemius. The differences I can see in my joints and the ideal are he is flexing more and contracting more force. 

In the preparation phase I am using Newton's Laws. The Newton's law that I am using in this phase is his 1st Law. Newton's 1st Law states A body continues in its state of rest or uniform motion unless an unbalanced force acts upon it. I am using Newton's 1st law by contracting my lower larger muscle in the preparation phase.

In the preparation phase, balance and stability are important when performing a sporting movement.
The line of Gravity is defined as The vertical line that passes through the center of gravity to the ground To be stable the line of gravity must fall within our base of support. The base of support is defined as This is the area that is in contact with the ground. The larger the contact area with the ground the greater the stability. I can see my line of gravity starts from my head and goes through my legs to the floor. Also, I can I am stable because I have two feet on the floor and a good base of support. The similarities I can see in my balance and stability compared to the ideal is both my feet is in the same position. 




No comments:

Post a Comment